Creamy Avocado Mexican Salad Dressing Recipe
Choose a big, ripe avocado for making this Mexican salad dressing recipe. Perhaps you would like to choose a Fuerte rather than a Hass avocado, since this variety has a slightly sweeter flavor. Add a teaspoon of hot sauce if you want to add a spicy zing but that is totally up to you. It is a good idea to taste the sauce and then decide whether to spice it up or not.
A good selection of ingredients to make the salad for this Mexican salad dressing recipe would be: a chopped head of romaine lettuce, half a cup of shredded Cheddar cheese (leave this out if you like), a few chopped tomatoes, a can of black beans (rinse these first) and a couple of cups of crushed corn chips. Some chopped green onions would also be nice. Toss these ingredients with the prepared Mexican salad dressing and serve immediately.
Avocado is a lovely ingredient to use in salads. It has a creamy, nutty flavor, and a soft, delicious texture. Some salads have avocado as a topping either cubed or in slices, while you can also use this wonderful ingredient to make dressings. Avocado is a great source of ‘good’ cholesterol which your body needs, so as well as tasting good you can rest assured you are getting plenty of nutrients. If you are a fan of avocado then you must try this lovely, creamy avocado Mexican salad dressing because you are going to love the taste.
- 1 big avocado
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- You can add a teaspoon of hot sauce at this point if you want to.
- Cover and refrigerate.
This creamy avocado dressing boasts an incredible flavor and it is really versatile too, so try it with fish or chicken, enjoy it in a roast beef sandwich, or have it with your favorite salad leaves. If you want to spice it up a little, you can add a little hot sauce. Making this fantastic Mexican dressing is one of the best ways to enjoy avocado, and you are sure to find all kinds of dishes where this dressing would really complement the dish. Making it could not be simpler. Just put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend them together.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16861 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8881 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3353 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3307 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3162 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2666 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2537 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2455 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2424 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2385 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)