Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe with Buttermilk
Buttermilk gives this blue cheese dressing recipe a creamy texture and delightful taste, but if you do not have any you can use one part plain yogurt and one part milk to get a similar flavor. Use any kind of blue cheese for this recipe. The red wine vinegar in the dressing adds a touch of acidity, although you could use white wine vinegar or lemon juice if you do not like the pink color the red wine vinegar gives.
Make the dressing as textured or as smooth as you want. For a super-smooth result, run it through the food processor or blender. Try this delicious blue cheese dressing recipe over a raw vegetable salad. You can grate cabbage, radishes, carrots and perhaps some fresh tarragon too. Add some finely chopped avocado and then drizzle this blue cheese salad dressing recipe over the top for a heavenly result.
It also makes a tasty dip for celery or vegetable crudités, or you can spoon it over well-chilled iceberg lettuce wedges or whole romaine leaves. You can make this blue cheese dressing recipe up to three days ahead. Keep it refrigerated and give it a stir before using it to ensure the ingredients have not separated.
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- A few drops red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Mash the cheese with the salt and pepper, using a fork, until the cheese is well broken up.
- Stir in the chives, buttermilk, sour cream, and white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
- Add a few drops of red wine vinegar.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- If the dressing is too thick, you can stir in extra buttermilk.
Blue cheese dressings always liven up a salad, but if you want the freshest and tastiest results you will need to make your own. Preparing a homemade dressing is really easy and this recipe shows you how to make the ultimate blue cheese dressing. As well as the cheese, this recipe includes buttermilk, sour cream and chives, along with a splash of lemon or vinegar to add a special zing. This is a blue cheese dressing you will want to make again and again because it is just so good. The dressing in the photo is quite thick but just add extra buttermilk if you prefer it thinner.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)