Rich Creamy Dressing for Waldorf Salad
Waldorf salad is one of the most popular salad recipes ever. Comprising chopped apples, celery and walnuts, this delicious salad is usually served with a creamy dressing, although there are different variations when it comes to a good dressing for Waldorf salad. The following recipe blends pineapple and lemon juice with sugar, eggs, salt and whipped cream.
You need to use fresh whipping cream for this recipe; non-dairy whipped toppings will not do here. You will not get the right flavor or texture with those. You can whip the cream while the lemon juice mixture is cooling. It needs to be very stiffly whipped for the best results. That means keep whipping until it forms stiff peaks which do not fold down again. This creamy, fruity dressing is good with other salad recipes and you can drizzle it over mixed leaves and add some croutons for a very simple yet delicious salad.
There is no other salad quite like Waldorf salad, one reason for its timeless appeal. This crunchy, sweet, delicious salad deserves a wonderful dressing, which is why we have come up with this fantastic Waldorf salad dressing, so you can expect a wonderful result when you prepare this.
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ pint whipped cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- Gently simmer the lemon juice, salt, eggs, sugar, and pineapple juice in a pan until thick.
- Let this mixture cool, and then fold in the whipped cream. Make sure it is whipped very stiff first.
- Serve this delicious dressing for Waldorf salad over apple, walnuts, and celery.
- Store leftover dressing covered in the refrigerator.
Although some people choose to switch up the classic Waldorf salad recipe, adding ingredients like potato, raisins and more, sometimes it pays to make the salad in the classic way, and in this case it would be walnuts, apple and celery. This salad is best made with a creamy dressing so we are making one from scratch, using pineapple juice and sugar for sweetness, lemon juice and salt to balance it out, and cream to give it the perfect consistency. This dressing goes beautifully with apples, celery and walnuts to make a delicious and authentic Waldorf salad recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)