Mexican-Inspired Italian Dressing Recipe
This Italian dressing recipe features lime juice (freshly squeezed is always best) and oregano, to give it a Mexican tang. Blending the best of both worlds – Italy and Mexico – this dressing seeks to give a multicultural touch to any salad you want to drizzle it over. If you do not have any lime juice, then simply substitute vinegar instead.
The recipe is very simple, blending oil, vinegar, and lime juice with ice water, and adding oregano, salt and pepper to taste. This is quite a thin dressing so a little goes a long way. Pour it over mixed salad leaves or use it as a marinade for fish or chicken. Use fresh oregano in this Italian dressing recipe for the best flavor, and sieve the dressing before serving if you want to remove the bits of leaves but leave the oregano flavor. Alternatively you do not have to sieve it, if you do not mind the texture of the leaves or the green flecks.
This recipe is a bit more unusual than the regular Italian dressing recipes you might be more familiar with, but sometimes it is nice to make something a bit different, and you will like this one if you enjoy fresh flavors.
- ¼ cup ice water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon crushed oregano leaves
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Strain the dressing before serving if you like, although you do not have to.
Mexican flavors are always good whether you are enjoying them as part of a soup, salad, appetizer, snack, entrée or dessert. Here we are incorporating some south of the border flavors to make a tasty salad dressing. Lime and oregano feature in a lot of Mexican recipes. Here they are blended with oil and vinegar, as well as a little ice water to thin it down. Try this over mixed leaves, grilled vegetables, chicken, shrimp or anything else, to add a south of the border flair to your meal. Leftover dressing will keep for several days in the refrigerator but give it a good shake before using in case the ingredients separate.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16846 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)