How to Make Ranch Salad Dressing
Whether you serve the following ranch salad dressing recipe as a dressing or as a dip, it will bring your crudités, salad vegetables, or other food to life. You can throw in some sugar or Splenda (or similar sugar substitute) if the result is not sweet enough for your palate, although that is not listed in the ingredients list because not everyone likes to sweeten their salad dressings. You might also like to add a pinch of salt to complement the herbs and spices.
Knowing how to make ranch salad dressing means you can prepare this flavorful recipe in next to no time and impress your dinner guests with your culinary expertise. No bottle ranch dressing could possibly compare with the fresh and enticing aroma and flavor of this homemade one.
Try this with spicy buffalo chicken wings, carrot and celery crudités and some chunks of blue cheese, for a classic appetizer everyone loves. Another idea is to drizzle the dressing over mixed leaves or enjoy it with spinach, strawberries, goat’s cheese and walnuts, for a simple yet perfectly balanced, highly flavorful salad. However you choose to serve your homemade ranch dressing, you are sure to be impressed with it. Add extra buttermilk if you want a thinner consistency, or regular milk if you do not want to add any more tang.
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Whisk everything together.
- Refrigerate the ranch dressing for an hour in the refrigerator, so the flavors can develop.
Dollops of ranch dressing added to seafood and mixed baby leaves, like shown in the picture, makes a tasty appetizer, or you might prefer to serve your ranch dressing over another kind of salad or as a dip for vegetable crudités. This is a creamy dressing recipe, thanks to the sour cream, mayonnaise and buttermilk, and you will find the lemon, garlic, shallots and other ingredients add all that wonderful ranch flavor you already know and love. Whisk all the ingredients together to make this, and then let it sit for a while so the flavors can mellow and mingle.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8812 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)