Grilled Romaine with a Spicy Recipe for Caesar Salad Dressing
This delicious dish incorporates spicy ingredients like chipotle chilies, hot sauce, garlic, and black pepper into the recipe. Caesar salad dressing recipes vary and this one might be dissimilar to the classic recipe but it is delicious nonetheless. If you like to add a bit of a kick to your salad recipe, why not try making this wonderfully spicy recipe for Caesar salad dressing?
Grilling the romaine is optional (if you do not want to grill it, you will not need the extra olive oil) but it does give the lettuce a nice texture and warming it up intensifies the flavor. This tasty recipe for Caesar salad dressing is perfect for making in the summer when the grill is already hot. This dish is perfect to pair with your grilled chicken or steak. It might not be one of the more traditional ways to make summer salads but the flavor is awesome.
If you have to grill fired up for your chicken or steak, you might as well try this recipe because it makes a very nice side dish. Believe us, grilled romaine is really delicious and everyone is going to love the flavor of it. This is a very easy recipe to make with no shortage of incredible flavors in every mouthful. Once you have tasted this recipe for Caesar salad it is likely you will want to enjoy it every time you are in the mood for Caesar salad in the future, because it really is that good.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotle chilies
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy filets
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Few drops of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 oz shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- 24 romaine leaves, to serve
- Handful of croutons, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Process the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chilies, black pepper, mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, capers, hot sauce, salt and lime juice in a food processor until well blended.
- Add a cup of the oil in a steady stream and mix it in, then add the vinegar.
- You can add some water if it is too thick.
- Brush the remaining oil over the romaine leaves and season them with salt and pepper.
- Grill them for 30 seconds per side.
- Arrange 6 romaine leaves on each plate and drizzle the Caesar salad dressing over them.
- Garnish with shaved cheese and croutons.
Caesar salad is always good, whether served as an appetizer, entrée or side dish, and the recipe usually stays pretty much the same. However, in this recipe we are adding chipotle chilies, hot sauce and lime juice to the mix, infusing the salad with a touch of spice. As well as that, we are going to grill the romaine to char it, add a smoky flavor, and a whole new dimension. As good as traditional Caesar salad is, making something with a new twist is always worthwhile because you get to experience a brand new spin on this wonderful dish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2638 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2403 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)