Caprese Salad Dressing with Balsamic Vinegar
A caprese salad is a tasty, three-ingredient Italian salad and the following caprese salad dressing recipe is perfect if you are serving such a dish. Known as “insalate caprese” in Italy, caprese salad originates from Campania in Italy, where it is made with tomatoes, basil and buffalo mozzarella. Some caprese salad variations include parsley and chopped garlic.
The tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella slices are usually overlapped and arranged in a circle on a small plate, but you can stack the ingredients or chop and toss them. Use buffalo mozzarella, vine-ripened tomatoes, and very fresh basil for the best results.
The dish is usually seasoned with olive oil, salt and black pepper, although you might prefer to serve a caprese salad dressing with it. This salad is served as an appetizer in Italy, not as a side dish. It is believed that caprese salad originated in Capri. It achieved popularity in Capri anyway, after being served in the 1950s to King Farouk of Egypt. He is reported to have eaten his caprese salad as a sandwich filling.
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine the parmesan, oil, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Drizzle this caprese salad dressing over individual servings of caprese salad or serve it in a little bowl with a ladle.
Leave a Reply
- Feta Strawberry Salad with Rosemary September 1, 2014
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Feta August 31, 2014
- Savory Kiwi Strawberry Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- Salmon and Spinach Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe August 29, 2014
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad Recipes August 28, 2014
- Healthy and Easy Recipe for Pasta Salad August 27, 2014
- Good Pasta Salad Recipe with Homemade Pesto August 26, 2014
- Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe August 25, 2014
- Home (4429 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1473 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1196 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1177 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1162 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1147 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1116 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1090 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1054 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1006 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (996 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (991 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (983 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (943 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (934 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (898 Views)