Authentic Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
A typical Greek salad contains thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives, bell peppers, sliced cucumber, crumbled feta, and grape tomatoes. Popular additions can include the buds, berries or pickled leaves of capers. Greek salad dressing goes beautifully with such a dish. Feel free to vary the ingredients in the salad. Greek salad dressing ingredients bring out the delicious flavor of pretty much any salad ingredients.
The following Greek salad dressing keeps well in a tightly covered container at room temperature. You can halve the recipe if you want to make less or double it if you are catering for a large buffet or party. Experiment with the quantities in the following recipe if you want; some people prefer to use equal measures of vinegar and olive oil, for a softer end flavor. Others like to add some balsamic vinegar for a bit more sweetness.
Greek salad is a versatile dish, in that it may be served as an appetizer or the entrée, or you could even serve it as a side dish with grilled or baked chicken or fish perhaps. The bright colors and tasty flavors ensure it will be well received. Add a Mediterranean feel to your dinner table by serving this and everyone will be busy enjoying the typical Greek flavors and also getting plenty of nutrition from the healthy veggies in there. Our Greek salad dressing recipe is sure to complement your Greek salad, and you will be pleased when you discover just how easy it is to prepare. Just whisk your ingredients together and you can enjoy the fresh flavor of homemade Greek salad dressing. You will never want to buy the bottled kind again after tasting it, we promise!
- ¾ quart olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cup salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 quart red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Whisk all the ingredients together, except the vinegar.
- Pour in the vinegar and whisk until everything is well combined.
Just look at this colorful, healthy Greek salad. What is it missing though? That’s right – you need to drizzle an authentic Greek salad dressing over the cucumber, feta cheese, olives and other ingredients to make it perfect. Fortunately our Greek salad dressing recipe is not only delicious and perfect for such a dish, but it is simple to make too. Whip together the ingredients and your reward will be this tangy, flavorful and authentic Greek dressing, which is simply amazing drizzled over a Greek salad. This recipe makes enough for a crowd, or you can make it and refrigerate it for future salads.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3326 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3291 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2409 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)