5 Ingredient Honey Mustard Dressing
You might like to prepare this honey mustard dressing the next time you are making salad. Although it goes well with all kinds of salad recipe, this honey mustard dressing works especially well on bitter leaves like radicchio or chicory. It would also be good with cold cooked macaroni if you add some finely chopped broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, and maybe some sliced olives too, for color. You can get creative with this one.
The grapeseed oil gives the dressing a luxuriant golden color, but if you are not worried about that, you can swap it for any other oil you want, although olive oil tends to have quite a strong taste which can overpower the honey flavor. Canola oil makes a good substitute.
This recipe only has five ingredients. As well as the honey and mustard, you just need lemon juice, oil, and salt to finish it off and give this honey mustard dressing both a great flavor and a lovely consistency. Honey mustard dressings are often very sweet and if you dislike the kind you can buy in the store, then why not try this honey mustard dressing recipe and make your own? The recipe is really simple to follow and you need very few ingredients.
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put all the ingredients in a jam jar.
- Ensure the lid is firmly screwed on, and then shake it vigorously for a minute.
- Taste and add a little more lemon juice if necessary.
This tempting dressing balances out savory and sweet for an amazing result. One of the best dressings to make yourself, because of the wonderful flavors it offers, this honey mustard dressing recipe can be prepared in just a few minutes. Use wholegrain mustard, extra-strong Dijon, or any other type you like. Choose a savory mustard over a sweet one though, just so you get that nice balance with the honey’s sweetness. The other ingredients in this dressing are oil, lemon and salt, which are all you need to get the flavor just right. The photo shows the appetizing bright yellow color you can expect.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)