Harvest Apple Pear Salad Recipes
Thanks to international trade, fresh fruits are available to many of us when our own country is not producing the fresh fruits and vegetables we crave. Mexico, Chile, Dominican Republic, and Argentina have a different growing period than most of the United States, resulting in delicious produce with bar code stickers and Department of Agriculture clearance markings. Fresh apple pear salad recipes are available in many recipe sections on the net and it is no surprise. Apples and pears are full of good vitamins and nutrition.
One of the other things we hear good reports on is the almond. Almonds are high in Vitamin E, manganese, magnesium and copper. Phosphorus and Riboflavin, also known as Vitamin B2, are included in the almond. It is heart healthy, lowering LDL cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease. When you combine almonds with apple pear salad recipes, you get a delightful crunchy salad with a variety of flavors. Salad dressing is entirely up to you. If you are having pork or chicken, consider taking a small tub of your favorite yogurt and mixing it with cubed apples, pears and sliced almonds.
Any other fruit can join your mix and shredded coconut is a great addition. Buy a whole coconut while they are in season, knock the holes out to drain the milk, and split the coconut open to get a chunk of the white meat inside. Grate it on a regular grater. Look up other recipes that use fresh coconut. Find other things to do with the apples and pears, such as muffins, chutney, and pie. Meanwhile, celebrate the fresh harvest.
Fruit Salad with Apple and Pear
Not only can you add apple and pear to savory salad recipes for a tasty, seasonal, fruity addition, but you can also use them as the basis for a fruit salad recipe. Fruit salad is versatile and it makes a good breakfast, snack, or dessert. Combine crunchy fruits like apple and pear with soft ones such as banana, peach, nectarine, tangerine, plum, and grapes, to make a really good fruit salad recipe, which offers contrasting colors and textures, as well as plenty of mouthwatering fruity flavor.
You can also add berries to such a salad. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blackcurrants, blackberries, and blueberries would all work. Pineapple, mango, or papaya would add a tropical touch. Apple and pear are often featured in fruit salad recipes because they are economical ingredients and can add bulk and crunch. If you prefer, you can feature only apple and pear in your next fruit salad recipe. Although some home cooks prefer to use a wide range of different fruits, there are no hard and fast rules about this.
Overnight Fruit Salad
What about chopping apple and pear, tossing the fruit in some orange juice or pineapple juice, and then leaving it overnight to blend? You can even add two types of fruit juice for a more complex flavor. This would be great served for breakfast in the morning, or even for dessert the following day. Fruit salad usually keeps for a few days in the refrigerator and since the fruit is covered in juice it will not dry out or turn brown. Such a salad would make a nutritious snack.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-28-16
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8816 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)