Anchovy Potato Salad Makes a Nice Change
Traditionally, potato salad is made with mayonnaise, although the German style potato salad is made with oil and vinegar instead. There are lots of different ways to add flavor to potato salad recipes; for example, you can add curry powder or cumin to spice it up or fresh herbs to add an aromatic touch.
You can also add texture; perhaps you fancy adding some crunch with bacon bits or chopped onion, or maybe you want to add some creaminess with grated cheese. Potato salad is a personal thing and everyone has their own favorite way of making it.
How to Make Anchovy Potato Salad
If you want to add a delicious fresh flavor to your next potato salad recipe, why not switch your usual mayonnaise or oil and vinegar for anchovies? The kind you get in oil in a can are fine. Season the cooked potatoes with salt and pepper and then whisk some anchovy filets with oil, vinegar and whatever else you like and pour this over the potatoes.
Kalamata olives, onions, garlic, and bell pepper are good ingredients for such a recipe. You can either serve the potato salad warm or chilled. You might even want to leave it in the refrigerator overnight to marinate.
If you do like the creaminess that mayonnaise gives, you could mash some anchovies into mayonnaise and use that as a dressing for your anchovy potato salad instead. Anchovy potato salad makes a great side dish for grilled chicken or prawns. You can also serve it on a bed of salad leaves.
More Anchovy Ideas
Salty anchovies contrast nicely with neutral-tasting potatoes, which are why making an anchovy potato salad is such a good idea, but they are also lovely with eggs. What about combining potatoes, eggs, green beans, and anchovies, to make a refreshing French lunchtime salad? Boil the eggs, potatoes, and beans first, and combine them warm or let them cool first. Serve on a bed of salad leaves, adding vinaigrette. Tomatoes and anchovies are good together as well, so you might like to toss some chopped tomatoes with chopped anchovies, adding basil, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic too if you want.
Caesar salad also features anchovies sometimes, although the original recipe for Caesar salad did not include them. Finally, how does celery and anchovy salad sound to you? Combining crunchy chopped celery stalks with salty, fishy anchovies gives a nice contrast. Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil to finish it off and serve this as a snack, an appetizer or on a bed of salad leaves, perhaps with some homemade potato salad too. This is crunchy and really tasty.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2431 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)