11 Must Try Salad Toppings I Bet You Hadn’t Thought of!
Salad never, ever has to be boring, and if you do not believe us, read on and discover not only 11 surprising salad toppings you might not have thought of, but another 97 favorites to choose from! With this many salad toppings (and these are just some of the options) there is no reason not to have a totally different salad every time. A good salad will blend various flavors and textures, as well as colors, so you end up with a satisfying, delicious experience in every mouthful.
If you are stuck in a salad rut, relying on the same base ingredients and toppings every time, as well as making the same dressing recipes, take a look at some of our ideas, and fall in love with salad all over again. Whether you are considering an appetizer, side dish or entrée size salad, there are plenty of ideas to ensure you get lots of wonderful flavor and texture in there. There are salads for all ages, budgets, tastes, and occasions.
A good salad can be as simple or as complex as you like. While there is nothing wrong with serving a simple dressing over a mixed leaf salad, a lot of people like to get plenty of flavors and textures in there, perhaps some kind of dried or fresh fruit to add sweetness, some seeds, nuts or croutons for crunch, cucumber, tomato or other soft salad ingredients to bulk out the meal, and then protein in the form of shrimp, chicken, beef, or tofu for example. Consider the flavor of the salad when deciding which salad dressing would taste best with it, or even stick to a simple vinaigrette if you prefer. Salad is a personal thing and everyone has their own salad preferences.
If you want a salad which is not only easy to make and nutritious but supremely satisfying, then we recommend you ensure you have soft, chewy and crunchy elements in there, as well as sweet and savory ones, and perhaps even something tangy or tart-tasting. Some components, such as the leaves and protein, can be liberal, while others, perhaps banana chips or coconut flakes, are better when you only add a little because that is all you need. A drizzle of dressing finishes off the salad perfectly and then it is time to grab a fork and enjoy the tasty and unique salad you have prepared.
Infograph showing some ideas for salad toppings that are not at the usual salad bar plus a chart of 97 different toppings you have probably had. This is not an all-inclusive list but gives a pretty thorough idea of many of the possibilities. Laid out for quick reference to what you need to know…
You may use this infograph on your site as long as you use the code below and links stay intact (Just copy and paste in text mode into your site’s html code or post):
<a href="http://www.amazingsaladrecipes.com/articles/salad-articles/11-must-try-salad-toppings-i-bet-you-hadnt-thought-of/" title="11 Must Try Salad Toppings"> <img class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-2161" src="http://www.amazingsaladrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/salad-topping-ideas_compressed.jpg" alt="11 Must Try Salad Toppings" width="730" height="6576" border="0" /></a>
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3325 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2409 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)