How to Make Potato Salad
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip mixed with boiled potatoes make a delicious potato salad recipe. You can use skin-on or peeled potatoes in a potato salad. The skin gives the potatoes a slightly different flavor and texture.
Optional additions include chopped celery, green onions, chopped green or red peppers, chopped fried bacon, red, or yellow onions, sweet pickle relish, horseradish sauce, and brown spicy mustard. A little salt and pepper is usually added as well. You might prefer to keep it simple with just the mayonnaise (or equivalent) and a little salt and pepper or you might want to add other flavors for added texture and taste.
Other Types of Potato Salad
Learning how to make potato salad is easy and you might like to experiment with international recipes for it, after you have mastered the basic one. German potato salad, for example, uses water, mustard, and cider vinegar as the dressing, rather than something creamy. Because German potato salad does not contain mayonnaise or eggs, you can take it on a picnic without worrying about keeping it cold.
How to Serve It
Because potato salad is primarily made of potatoes, which are a carbohydrate, it makes an unlikely filling for sandwiches. Save your egg salad recipe for those. Potato salad makes a great side dish for grilled steak, lamb, or chicken.
You can also serve it as part of a larger salad. There are plenty of potato salad recipes to choose from so if you decide to make a plain one with a little mustard, perhaps the next time you can try adding fried bacon instead, or perhaps some bell peppers.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8812 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)