Egg Salad Tips – How Long Does Egg Salad Keep?
An egg salad is a great recipe to make. Not only can it be sandwiched between two pieces of bread but also you can serve it as a baked potato filling, have it on a buffet table at a party, or even serve it on a bed of lettuce leaves, perhaps with cucumber, tomato or other typical salad ingredients. There are various recipes for egg salad.
The main ingredients are hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper are usually added and optional extras can include onion, garlic, watercress, mustard, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, tomato ketchup or tomato puree, horseradish, dill, basil, parsley, cilantro and chives.
Safe Storage Suggestions
Keep egg salad in a covered container in the refrigerator. If you have made more than you are going to eat, refrigerate the extra egg salad immediately. Mayonnaise-based dishes should not be left standing around at room temperature for extended periods.
So how long does egg salad keep? Egg salad is considered safe for up to a maximum of five days but this depends which ingredients you have used to make it and how fresh the eggs were. Also, if the egg salad has been sitting at room temperature for a while, it might be best to throw away what you have not eaten.
As a general rule, only keep your egg salad for up to three days, just to be sure it is still safe to eat. Egg salad recipes do not freeze well so do not make more than you can eat within a few days.
Why Egg Salad is So Popular
Egg salad is one of the best-loved types of salad and it has been for a long time. Eggs are a great source of protein and they are very versatile, which means you can add them to any salad and know you are adding something nutritious.
Egg salad is usually made rich and creamy, and you can add your own herbs, spices, or seasonings to make it taste exactly as you want it to. Egg salad can be served alone, as a sandwich, as part of a larger salad, on top of a big lettuce leaf, on top of a baked potato, and it also goes well with a slice of cheese, turkey, ham, or various other ingredients.
This creamy and delicious recipe tops many people’s favorite salad list and everyone likes to make it slightly differently. Why not ask your friends how they like their egg salad? You might learn some new egg salad tips and tricks, such as which herbs or spices go nicely or which brand of mayonnaise to choose for a super-creamy result. Egg salad is delicious, versatile, and real comfort food too.
Leave a Reply
- Salmon and Spinach Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe August 29, 2014
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad Recipes August 28, 2014
- Healthy and Easy Recipe for Pasta Salad August 27, 2014
- Good Pasta Salad Recipe with Homemade Pesto August 26, 2014
- Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe August 25, 2014
- The Ultimate Salad Niçoise August 24, 2014
- Simple Tuna, Kidney Bean and Potato Salad August 23, 2014
- Mediterranean Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe August 22, 2014
- Home (4414 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1465 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1190 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1168 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1157 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1142 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1110 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1078 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1047 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1001 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (989 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (988 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (981 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (933 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (921 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (893 Views)