Egg Salad Tips – How Long Does Egg Salad Keep?
An egg salad is a great recipe to make. Not only can it be sandwiched between two pieces of bread but also you can serve it as a baked potato filling, have it on a buffet table at a party, or even serve it on a bed of lettuce leaves, perhaps with cucumber, tomato or other typical salad ingredients. There are various recipes for egg salad.
The main ingredients are hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper are usually added and optional extras can include onion, garlic, watercress, mustard, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, tomato ketchup or tomato puree, horseradish, dill, basil, parsley, cilantro and chives.
Safe Storage Suggestions
Keep egg salad in a covered container in the refrigerator. If you have made more than you are going to eat, refrigerate the extra egg salad immediately. Mayonnaise-based dishes should not be left standing around at room temperature for extended periods.
So how long does egg salad keep? Egg salad is considered safe for up to a maximum of five days but this depends which ingredients you have used to make it and how fresh the eggs were. Also, if the egg salad has been sitting at room temperature for a while, it might be best to throw away what you have not eaten.
As a general rule, only keep your egg salad for up to three days, just to be sure it is still safe to eat. Egg salad recipes do not freeze well so do not make more than you can eat within a few days.
Why Egg Salad is So Popular
Egg salad is one of the best-loved types of salad and it has been for a long time. Eggs are a great source of protein and they are very versatile, which means you can add them to any salad and know you are adding something nutritious.
Egg salad is usually made rich and creamy, and you can add your own herbs, spices, or seasonings to make it taste exactly as you want it to. Egg salad can be served alone, as a sandwich, as part of a larger salad, on top of a big lettuce leaf, on top of a baked potato, and it also goes well with a slice of cheese, turkey, ham, or various other ingredients.
This creamy and delicious recipe tops many people’s favorite salad list and everyone likes to make it slightly differently. Why not ask your friends how they like their egg salad? You might learn some new egg salad tips and tricks, such as which herbs or spices go nicely or which brand of mayonnaise to choose for a super-creamy result. Egg salad is delicious, versatile, and real comfort food too.
Leave a Reply
- Wakame Seaweed Salad with Sesame Seeds September 30, 2014
- Green Pea Salad Recipe with Juicy Pears September 22, 2014
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Club Salad with Avocado September 21, 2014
- Traditional Greek Salad Recipe September 16, 2014
- Easy Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables September 15, 2014
- Simple Brunch or Breakfast Salad September 14, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries September 13, 2014
- Chicken and Strawberry Salad with Warm Citrus Dressing September 12, 2014
- Home (4480 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1548 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1310 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1261 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1216 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1212 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1179 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1157 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1115 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (1077 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1076 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (1041 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (1040 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (1013 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (997 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (947 Views)